Forum Search:
ChessRally Forums
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Today's Messages (off)  | Unanswered Messages (on)

Forum: NEWS!!
 Topic: Home of Baroness raided
Home of Baroness raided [message #509] Tue, 22 September 2009 05:43
sohel  is currently offline sohel
IP: 115.127.9.83
UK BORDER Agency staff reportedly raided the home of the illegal immigrant employed by the Attorney General, Baroness Scotland.
 Topic: Teens Helping Teens !
icon10.gif  Teens Helping Teens ! [message #369] Wed, 04 July 2007 02:20
Coach  is currently offline Coach
Chess Coach & Administrator

IP: 189.129.0.162
A new concept for Teens. Shocked Teens helping Teens We added a New Teens Corner for teens to chat about Chess or ask other Teens questions OR ask Our Chess Teen Advisor "Josh" about Chess problems.
In the past i have noticed that adults sometimes find it hard to relate to Teens and their questions. So the solution is to Have a Teen Corner and Dedicate it to a new era Teens helping Teens in Chess! With a Teen to Moderatate the New Corner. So Teens you now have your own place to gather and meet new friends from around the World ! Very Happy
 Topic: Check out the Fun Games to Learn Tactics in Down loadable Lessons.
icon10.gif  Check out the Fun Games to Learn Tactics in Down loadable Lessons. [message #173] Tue, 05 July 2005 02:33

IP: 24.170.66.31
In the Coaches Down loadable Lessons section, you will find Fun games to save in CR and play with a friend or the CR computer.
 Topic: Chess Lesson Demo's For new Chess Players !
icon4.gif  Chess Lesson Demo's For new Chess Players ! [message #114] Thu, 16 June 2005 01:04

Need to learn a thing or two? Shocked Down load Demo 1 and 2 Shocked Very Happy along with their prospective Doc. files (explanations) Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 01:05]

Topic: ChessRally Certificates of Training? CR Awards?
icon10.gif  ChessRally Certificates of Training? CR Awards? [message #76] Wed, 08 June 2005 15:34

Could you Imagine that?[ 6 votes ]
1.I would like that 2 / 33%
2.I couldn't Imagine that! 0 / 0%
3.That May be a good Idea! 1 / 17%
4.No i wouldn't want one on my Wall! 0 / 0%
5.I want one !! 3 / 50%

Now wouldn't that be something? Shocked To Receive an Official Chessrally Certificate Of Training And Earn Certificates of Accomplishments? Shocked In levels of course, Twisted Evil Then become a CR NM ?(Near-Master) and finally A Chessrally Master? Who ever thought of such a thing? Twisted Evil Having to pass tests to earn these awards of course, Twisted Evil But who would want an Official Award with their name on it? Cool Hanging on the Wall for all the world to see? Shocked I just couldn't even Imagine such a thing like that ! Shocked Twisted Evil Hmmm But does Make one think, now doesn't it. Very Happy Well with such a question at hand, I think it Best to ask the members if they could Imagine something like that. Cool

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 02:28]

Topic: Chess Lessons and examples !
icon4.gif  Chess Lessons and examples ! [message #54] Mon, 06 June 2005 15:04

Now you can down load lessons and examples that can be viewed in ChessRally! Imagine that? Shocked Very Happy Now knowing this, Rolling Eyes if you do view a lesson or example, Clic the Blue save Disk in CR so it will stay in the yellow folder for future reference. Very Happy The text that will accompany it, you will need make a New Folder and Label accordingly Confused I will try to start with the most basic lessons and work you in to the more complicated openings, Confused Twisted Evil and games. It is known as the "Latter Concept" where in time you will start to develop "Critical Thinking Skills." Shocked From this point, is where you develop your own repertoire of openings. Twisted Evil It is alway a good Idea to know a little of all openings so you can identify what your opponent is going to try to do. Shocked

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2005 15:07]

Topic: New Tutor on ChessRally ?
icon5.gif  New Tutor on ChessRally ? [message #12] Wed, 01 June 2005 18:42

IP: 24.173.45.175
Is it possible ? Shocked A new Chess Tutor? Shocked lol Laughing Yes it may very well be. But I might add that The new Tutor Will Be the Advanced Chess Tutor. Rolling Eyes Whats the difference? Well if you have been playing for a while, and need to sharpen your skills, then he is the One ! Very Happy So if you see someone looking purple with a different name Confused then you will know who it is. Cool CR-Coach is the Basic Tutor and ????? Twisted Evil Will be the Advanced Chess Tutor. Cool
Forum: General Discussion
 Topic: I'm Still Alive!!!
I'm Still Alive!!! [message #507] Sun, 13 September 2009 06:52
3xist  is currently offline 3xist
Teen Chess Advisor
IP: 123.243.32.211
Hehe!!! Been a very long time. Smile I installed CR again for the sake of trying to keep up with old CR friends. Smile

This is my first post in over a year...

[Updated on: Sun, 13 September 2009 06:53]

Topic: Happy New Year!!
Happy New Year!! [message #435] Thu, 03 January 2008 00:26
3xist  is currently offline 3xist
Teen Chess Advisor
IP: 123.243.32.211
Happy New Year from the Basic Tutor of ChessRally! Very Happy

Josh.
 Topic: Clock Cheaters???
icon4.gif  Clock Cheaters??? [message #291] Sat, 25 February 2006 01:35
Robb Ryniak  is currently offline Robb Ryniak
Administrator

IP: 68.162.138.33
======== CLOCK CHEATING ???? ========
Most people assume that ChessRally's clocks work like any other chess service... after all, why would we do something different? The fact is that our clocks are NOT like ANY other service we've ever seen. Most services use a server-centralized clock, where the server controls the clock and updates the clients (players) with the time. (Due to the intermittant nature of the Internet, "smoothing" algorithms are used to make the clocks not look "jittery".) The presumption is that one can't access the server to change the clock, so it makes it cheat proof. However, server-controlled clocks (on every other service) allow lag to affect the outcome, allowing players to cheat by imposing lag into the system. The thing of it is, the clocks always LOOK right, so no one questions it. They just assume everything is as it should be.

ChessRally, on the other hand, does NOT USE server-controlled clocks, and is not susceptable to lag-based cheating as a result, but the downside is that it often LOOKS WRONG. I know this is difficult to comprehend, to the point of disbelief... just about everyone assumes I'm making excuses rather than "fixing the problem" per se, but that's simply not the case. Even Emperor went for YEARS thinking I was being willfully ignorant of the issue, until I took about an hour on the phone and explained to him in detail how the clocks work. By the end of the conversation he was able to completely understand why it's not possible to cheat the CR clocks, AND why it looks like other folks are cheating the clock, when in fact they are not. Well over a year ago, I wrote an article on it, explaining how the clocks work, and put it online... did anyone read it? Nope. If they had, they would understand that the clocks can't be cheated, and would also understand why the clock appears to stop in some cases. So, I'm going to do my best to explain the issue.

Click on the link below to continue reading this entire message...

The

[Updated on: Mon, 06 March 2006 02:51]

Topic: Chess Rallyt through proxy
Chess Rallyt through proxy [message #288] Thu, 16 February 2006 03:36
Draft  is currently offline Draft

IP: 194.85.113.101
How can I connect to Rally Rooms through proxy server?
Does anybody khow what adress Rally Rooms have?
Thanks...
 Topic: How to crush A 2300 Fm in 21 moves
How to crush A 2300 Fm in 21 moves [message #285] Sun, 29 January 2006 23:11
Cowardly Pawn IP: 71.11.170.3
People this is what happens when you think your rating plays the game for you. Laughing

Topic: What did Santa get you??
icon6.gif  What did Santa get you?? [message #265] Mon, 26 December 2005 18:17
Cowardly Pawn IP: 60.240.126.143
I'll tell ya what I got:

A Mobile phone
Cloths
Chess-set
$100
Junkfood

Thats about it because Mobile phone was $330 Shocked

What did you GET?

Regards,

.Josh.
 Topic: List of software to improve your game.
List of software to improve your game. [message #232] Sun, 14 August 2005 15:55
Intuition  is currently offline Intuition
IP: 24.127.87.61
Hey guys/gals,

Was wondering what other chess software you use to improve you game.

I have downloaded alot of stuff over the last month and a half and have seen really great improvements to my game.

Here is my list.

1.Chess Mentor 3.0 - This program demo allows you to try and make the best moves during a game. It starst you out with basic redundant stuff but then quickly becomes very challenging. After going through some of the excersizes, especially where you play Kasparov Vs. Deep Blue, you begin to see, well I began to see, serious differences in the patterns I can now see on the board. One sceneario even has you sacrifice a bishop to a pawn just to get the pawn to move out of the file to open up better possibilites for your remaining pieces then you would have had without sacrificing the bishop to the pawn. Great stuff. Gives you descriptions of the incentive to make such moves. Lets you make all the moves until you get them right. Great stuff.

2.Chess Master 10th Edition - Everyone seems to know about chessmaster. The thing that greatly improved my game here was the ability to turn on displays that showed you everypossible move with arrows. You can see pins, forks, which pieces are protected by othe pieces and highlights best moves. Regardless of ones opinion of chessmaster series this feature really helped my game. Often I overlooked a very simple line of play because I was focusing on the computer's last move or next move in relation to mine while not seeing the bigger picture.

3.Pawn - This is a great little piece of freeware that plays a good game of chess. It is really good at kicking my butt and has a nice random setup feature that gets you out of playing certain openings because you start playing in a randomly generated board play. Some are probably impossible to create in a normal chess game utilizing traditional opening mentalities. This setup utility also allows me to recreate chess puzzles easily so I can try them over and over again.

4. Bookup Express 2000 - I was referred t

Topic: Modern Chess openings
Modern Chess openings [message #194] Fri, 29 July 2005 19:21
Cowardly Pawn IP: 71.11.170.3
Since everyone has their own opening, my lesson is on how to play the king Indian perk set up as white. If your not playing a toped rated Grandmaster , who will be playing a Giuoco chances are good you will see a king's Indian if you're a D4 player like old Sam. Sam believes that the King's Indian is a sound opening . However for club players I think white is way better off. The problem is black gives up the center in order to under mind it latter . The problem is its unforgiving and if not played just right black can get steamed rolled. The enclose game is from The national open 2003 round 2
Sam Houston Vs Ann Davis
For more free lessons even better than mine try chess.fm they have flash lessons.

• Attachment: VEGASK~1.CHS
    (Size: 9.12KB, Downloaded 4829 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2005 22:03] by Moderator

Topic: Positional Play in Chess
Positional Play in Chess [message #144] Sat, 25 June 2005 16:01
TrickTickler  is currently offline TrickTickler
IP: 85.65.126.48
hey, in this "short" document you shall see the main principles that you need in positional play in chess hope. hope you enjoy from Albert.

Forum: Suggestion Box
 Topic: Email messages
Email messages [message #438] Sun, 20 April 2008 18:38
Unperson  is currently offline Unperson
IP: 24.237.206.56
Hello,

I have been playing email chess for some time with ChessRally Gold. One aggravating thing I have encountered (along with opponents) is with the messages that accompany the move. If you hit the enter key (to split a text line, a habit when using all other text venues) it sends the move before you were finished messaging. My suggestion would be to change that, or offer an option to allow the enter key to shift to next line while texting. Another suggestion regarding the eamil message would be (if this is possible) to allow for a message string in the message box. Not a huge deal, but would be helpful for conversational continuity.

Thanks for the opportunity to input. I use Chessrally quite a bit!
 Topic: Sugestion
Sugestion [message #200] Sat, 30 July 2005 01:29
Emperor  is currently offline Emperor
IP: 68.119.42.211
Avatars by our names in the rooms would be cool. If all possible. Rolling Eyes index.php?t=getfile&id=49&private=0

Topic: Another sugestion
Another sugestion [message #193] Fri, 29 July 2005 12:07
Franz  is currently offline Franz
IP: 217.129.91.178
Hi Robb

I have another sugestion for you:

-create a small box to people place annotation of analis of moves
 Topic: INGENUWARE SCRABBLE!!!???
icon14.gif  INGENUWARE SCRABBLE!!!??? [message #148] Mon, 27 June 2005 04:40
Armstrong  is currently offline Armstrong

IP: 172.196.128.138
I believe that an online scrabble game from ingenuware would be great. Not only would it be educational and fun, but it would be from ingenuware, whereas, it would be a very decent downloadable online scrabble game. Most scrabble games are so degradable because you canot chat with the other players, the ingenuware graphics are not present, and it would be a great addition to ingenuware software. What do you think RR? And tell me your opinions too. Shocked
Forum: Ask Coach...
 Topic: What does the Tournament Award Look Like?
icon2.gif  What does the Tournament Award Look Like? [message #230] Tue, 09 August 2005 04:27

IP: 24.170.70.226
Well,since you asked, Very Happy take a Peek Shocked Cool and I hope everyone get,s one Very Happy

Forum: Tournament Discussion
 Topic: A new Type of Tourney
icon4.gif  A new Type of Tourney [message #379] Wed, 04 July 2007 05:26

I am currently looking at new options for Tournaments and will keep you Posted with the possibilities. Tks for your patience

[Updated on: Wed, 04 July 2007 05:27]

Topic: Who will be in Tournment
Who will be in Tournment [message #264] Fri, 16 December 2005 21:14
Krayzieka  is currently offline Krayzieka
IP: 70.16.136.87
Emperor, Mini-Me, Albert, Sam Houston, and who else ? pls email the following players
 Topic: What kind of Tournaments will there be?
What kind of Tournaments will there be? [message #183] Tue, 26 July 2005 03:37

IP: 24.170.67.97
Well, lets see, Cool There is a 1500 and below 10min +2 sec,s Smile and a 1500+ 6 min + 2 (maybe 7 +2 not sure yet) Confused Then the 3 min Blitz and of course Shocked a 1 min Bullet. Shocked And a Surprise event to Win a trophy for a day ! Twisted Evil Play Fritz 8 Twisted Evil depending on your rate will be Fritz,s strength Confused e.g. is if your 1300 to 1400= very easy and 1400 to 1499 easy and 1500 to 1600 Medium and 1600 to 1699 harder and 1700 to 1799 very hard and 1800 and above Hardest Twisted Evil If you beat Fritz you can Win A trophy for a day ! NON RATED Cool Ck with Coach Cool

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 03:38]

Forum: Tournament Scheduling
 Topic: (Franz) Schedule?
(Franz) Schedule? [message #378] Wed, 04 July 2007 05:23

Franz, Please Keep us posted of New Tourneys please. Tks Very Happy
 Topic: 1st CR MASTERS CUP
1st CR MASTERS CUP [message #328] Thu, 12 October 2006 14:55
IP: 84.39.1.18
Hi Friends

I came this way invite all players with more than 1700(rating) in CR to participate in a tournament:

1st CR Masters CUP

1st November
15:00 London Time Region
Minimum Rating: 1700 at the day of the tournament.
Time rate: 15min + 5 sec/move
Registrations till 31 October can be send to lecs@sapo.pt

Best Wishes
Franz

[Updated on: Thu, 12 October 2006 14:58]

Topic: Announcements and Registration for CR Tournaments
Announcements and Registration for CR Tournaments [message #327] Tue, 10 October 2006 17:13
IP: 84.39.1.19
Hi People

To register to CR events, please send an e-mail to: lecs@sapo.pt with:

-Nick Name;
-Real Name;
-Rating at the moment of registration

After that you will recieve announcements to events in CR.

Best Wishes
Franz
 Topic: Registrations for MASTERS CUP
icon3.gif  Registrations for MASTERS CUP [message #250] Mon, 19 September 2005 16:38
IP: 217.129.89.86
No Message Body

[Updated on: Thu, 12 October 2006 14:45]

Topic: Tournament Weekends
Tournament Weekends [message #192] Fri, 29 July 2005 03:27

We will try to have as many tournaments as we can Shocked but for now ck with Coach or Franz. Very Happy They will mostly be on the weekends Smile and we try for Monday 5 pm US central time as well.
 Topic: Win a Trophy for a day !
Win a Trophy for a day ! [message #184] Tue, 26 July 2005 03:44

All during the week Coach will be hosting an event with Fritz. Twisted Evil Depending on your rate will be the strength of fritz. e.g. 1300 to 1399 Very easy Shocked etc. Very Happy It will Not be Rated. Very Happy But the one who can beat ole fritz will earn A trophy for a Day ! Very Happy Ck with Coach Cool
Forum: Tournament Winners
 Topic: (Franz) Tournament Winners
icon4.gif  (Franz) Tournament Winners [message #377] Wed, 04 July 2007 05:21

I was Really hoping that Franz, our Advance Tutor would get this forum updated for the tourney winners. Franz ? If you can, please keep this updated and I will help you as much as I can.
 Topic: Our Youngest Tournament Winner ! Josh ! Sept 9th 06
icon14.gif  Our Youngest Tournament Winner ! Josh ! Sept 9th 06 [message #325] Sun, 10 September 2006 00:05

IP: 189.129.19.163
In The Heat of Battle, Shocked and in a grueling race for the prized Throphy And Certificate, Josh Wins The ChessRally Bullet Tournament ! Very Happy Congratulations Josh ! Cool And to those who put up a valiant Fight, Frankb, V8 (Ryan) and Wonka !! Rolling Eyes And Special Thanks to Chessrally's Adv. Tutor and Coach "Franz Mederia" For administrating the Tournament. Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 10 September 2006 00:09]

Topic: Emperor does it again ! 10-8-05
icon14.gif  Emperor does it again ! 10-8-05 [message #258] Sat, 22 October 2005 18:00

Well Emp did it again! Shocked To some I guess, Chess Comes easy and to others seems like it takes forever to learn Chess. Confused But when you see such a exhibition of talent in these tournaments, Shocked It kind of gives you Inspiration ! Very Happy What a Fine Job Emp, and may the spirit of chess keep smiling upon you. Very Happy Cool
 Topic: 9-2-05 Well Done Pepe !!
icon7.gif  9-2-05 Well Done Pepe !! [message #245] Tue, 06 September 2005 00:49

Congratulations Pepe on a Great Win !! Very Happy Keep up the good work!

[Updated on: Sat, 22 October 2005 18:01]

Topic: 8-29-05 Barbs Scores again!
icon6.gif   8-29-05 Barbs Scores again! [message #244] Tue, 06 September 2005 00:47

Congratulations Barb on another Victory for you ! Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 22 October 2005 18:02]

Topic: Byrds does it again ! 8-22-05
icon7.gif  Byrds does it again ! 8-22-05 [message #240] Fri, 26 August 2005 02:05

Well? Byrds did it again Shocked Whooped up another Victory. 8-22-05
Well Done ! I for sure thought Pepe was going to take the Trophy, Twisted Evil but you proved it again, you are worthy to Hold the trophy! Congratulations once again!! Very Happy Cool
 Topic: 8-01-05 2 min Bullet Winner **Emperor**
icon7.gif  8-01-05 2 min Bullet Winner **Emperor** [message #225] Mon, 01 August 2005 23:04

IP: 24.170.69.121
Whew !! Laughing Boy did I ever get dizzy watching those chess pieces flying around ! Emp displayed his dominance of the board in a flurry of rapid captures. Shocked Resistance was futile ! Laughing Next Game like this and i will need to take one of those sea sick pills. Laughing Congratulations Emp ! We all know Mom (Karen) taught you Chess right? j/k lol Laughing Great Job !! Cool A true champion Cool
 Topic: 8-01-05 12 min 1500+ Winner **Big Bill**
icon7.gif  8-01-05 12 min 1500+ Winner **Big Bill** [message #224] Mon, 01 August 2005 22:51

A fine display of Chess savy by Big Bill Smile Congratulations Big Bill !! Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2005 04:34]

Topic: 7-30-05 12 min -1500 Winner **Byrds**
icon7.gif  7-30-05 12 min -1500 Winner **Byrds** [message #223] Mon, 01 August 2005 22:40

Another fine display of great sportsmanship !! Very Happy Congratulations ! Very Happy Very Happy
Hope to see you in another tournament soon! Cool

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2005 22:47]

Topic: 7-25-05 3 minute Blitz Winner *Barb*
icon12.gif  7-25-05 3 minute Blitz Winner *Barb* [message #191] Fri, 29 July 2005 03:22

Well to some, it was a surprise, Shocked and to us that know Barb, it was not a surprise. Very Happy But we all were Cheering her on! go Barb go ! Laughing Barb sure kicked up the dust with her relentless fury and defeated her opponent's 1 at a time. Congratulations Barb !! Very Happy You did a Great Job !! Very Happy And I might add, she sure was glad to get her Trophy and her Award Very Happy Cool The Future Susan Polgar? Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2005 22:42]

Pages (2): [1  2    »]

Current Time: Mon Dec 11 16:09:39 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02906 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.